ERS-1 iminto GRASS

Andrea Giacomelli andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it
Fri Jan 14 10:43:31 EST 1994

> Andrea,
>
> I have been working on ERS-1 imagery but I have not tried to do
> anything with it in Grass yet.  How did you import that data
> into grass?  I was recently thinking of trying this and any
> help you could give would be greatly appreciated.  It's great
> imagery, don't you think?
>
> Jim
> jim at sar_ws.fb4.noaa.gov

I wrote a small C program that cuts windows out of the ERS data
and re-writes it in a format readable by r.in.ascii. If you are interested
I can mail it to you. It works for images in the PRI format (that ESA
calls "SAR precision image"). If you have data in other formats, I cannot
help you directly, but you would have to contact ESA and ask for the
specific documentation where your file format is described...

let me know something; I will be glad to help.

					Andrea Giacomelli
					andreag at idra1.iar.polimi.it
					DIIAR - Politecnico di Milano (I)