GRASS on PC-DOS

Doug Dotson ld+0075!dotson at uu5.psi.com
Wed Jan 19 09:11:22 EST 1994

----- Begin Included Message -----

>Believe it or not there are people in the world who do want to deal
>with Unix, so they want thing to work in the DOS world.

----- End Included Message -----

I think in most situations the choice of operating systems is a practical
one rather than one of preference.  The reason for wanting GRASS on MSDOS
relates more to what one has available rather that what one would prefer to
use.  In my case, I use (and prefer) UNIX exclusively in my job but use
MSDOS at home.  With the incredible variety of affordable software for MSDOS
it does not make sense to use UNIX on my home system.  I do, however, run
MKS Toolkit on MSDOS which makes it look like UNIX.  My port of GRASS to
MSDOS runs under MKS so the rather arrogant comment included above would seem
inappropriate.

I personally hate MSDOS, but using MKS along with a 32-bit compiler allows
me to have almost the best of both worlds. Has anybody priced a laptop
capable if running UNIX lately?

Keep Doing GRASS,
Doug Dotson
dotson at clark.net