No subject

BARNES DAVID barnesd at lab.cc.wmich.edu
Wed Jun 8 17:33:56 EDT 1994

Hi we are new user and having some problem with "r.in.tiff". When we
use this command , it is saying segmentation fault. Is it installation
problem or something else. Our unix system guys are telling that it
is installed properly. But I don't know where it is going wrong.When
i execute this at command line it is simply giving segmentation fault.
If i give interactively it is giving the following
GRASS 4.1 > r.in.tiff

OPTION:   Name on TIFF file to input.
     key: input
required: YES
enter option > sjb.tif

You have chosen:
  input=sjb.tif
Is this correct? (y/n) [y]

OPTION:   Name of new raster file.
     key: output
required: YES

Enter a new raster file name
Enter 'list' for a list of existing raster files
Hit RETURN to cancel request
 sjb1
<sjb1>

FLAG: Set the following flag?
    Verbose mode on.?(y/n) [n] y
Reading sjb.tif...TIFF Directory at offset 0x72992
  Image Width: 879 Image Length: 534
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: none
  Photometric Interpretation: palette color (RGB from colormap)
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 534
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Color Map: (present)
  1 Strips:
      0: [       8,   469386]
879x534x8 image
 8 bits/sample, 1 samples/pixel
256 colormapped
 Creating SUPPORT Files for sjb1
done.
Segmentation fault

It is sure that it is creating all supporting files, but when i tried
to dispaly nothing is coming out,sometimes white screen is coming.
Could someone pl help me from this. If it is installation problem ,
pl send me the source code and the details.
thanks a lot