vector vs raster statistics

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sun Jun 12 12:58:41 EDT 1994

Srin (srin at brcsun0.tamu.edu) writes on 12 Jun 94:
>I looked at the v.report code and found the program is using
>
>hypot - Euclidean distance routine

well, I recall that v.report has been revised a lot, so
make sure that you have the latest. This is obviously
not the correct way to calculate distance for non-planar
data.

With that said, what is the resolution used to digitize streams?
Consider that a vector can "enter" a cell at one corner/side and do a
lot of meandering, zig-zagging, whatever, before it "leaves" an
opposite cornder/side. I know that you said that the streams
were fairly simple, but even small zig-zags could add up.

--Darrell