New User

Steve Dzurenko GRASSU at omdc.gso.uri.edu
Fri Jun 24 10:39:00 EDT 1994

Grassu-list

	I recently had the task thrown upon me to learn GRASS and
learn it relatively quickly.  With the help of some people on the list
I was able to find some tutorials to help me get started.  As I went
through the tutorials it seemed like more questions arose than were
answered but I guess the more you learn the more you find out how much
you don't know.  I have a couple questions that I couldn't find an
answer to in the manuals or the tutorials.  The first is there anyway
possible to change your location and mapset without having to exit and
come back?  The second is there anyway that just the last data layer
can be erased without erasing all the data layers.  I know that
d.erase erases all the layers but what happens when you just want to
erase the last one?  In the tutorial I was using I also encountered
the command Dcell, which I believed should be translated to d.cell but
neither command work.  Does anyone know what that command should be in
GRASS 4.0 or GRASS 4.1?  Thanks!!

Dan Reilly
e-mail: danr at omdc.gso.uri.edu