tutorials

Steffen Meyer steffen at longs.lance.colostate.edu
Fri Jun 24 19:03:22 EDT 1994

In message <01HDXDX4NBZM000614 at UHCL2.CL.UH.EDU> you write:
> 	I got the file grassman.wp but I am unable to read it. Is it a
> word perfect file. How cn I read it
> Shameek

The file is a PC-DOS WordPerfect file.  Move the file to PC or
workstation with WordPerfect.  ftp is simplest, be sure to use bin

If you are working on and do not have a networked PC iyou can still
produce PC-DOS compatible text and binary file from Sun equipment.
There is a useful utility to copy small files using the 3.5" floppy drive
to /from Sun/PC called mtools.
  The command would be mcopy grassman.wp a:

To get mtools
ftp to max.cecer.army.mil
  cd mtools
  dir files
  bin
  prompt (once only to toggelof prompt)
  get README
  mget mtools*
  quit

Once you have the file on a pc, you should be able to use WordPerfect
to read and print the file.  I ws successful.  Note that the ftp
does not respond to the dir or ls command.  Rob Fraser assured me
to use his instrcutions and have success.

Good luck

Steffen Meyer

steffen at longs.lance.colostate.edu         tel: 303-491-7620
Integrated Decison Support(IDS) Group     fax: 303-491-2293
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 USA