GRASS for Linux?

Mike McBain mjm at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au
Tue Jun 28 21:18:46 EDT 1994

The recently-posted FAQ cited topquark.cecer.army.mil as a site from which to
obtain a GRASS binary for Linux. This site does not respond to ftp requests
or pings. Is there an alternative site from which it is possible to ftp a
Linux binary or appropriately-modified source code?

Alternatively, are there any particular gotchas for compiling GRASS under
Linux? I propose to run under X. My C skills are OK, but my knowledge of
X is at the level of a novice user.
---
Mike McBain                                 Faculty of Business & Economics
mjm at monu6.cc.monash.edu.au                  Monash University - Caulfield
+61 3 903 2646                              Australia    3145