Making small raster areas

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 12:44:00 EDT 1994

Can someone help on this problem. I've got our DTM in (finally - thanks
to all who helped), and drawn it. The range of values if such that large
areas look the same colour - I assume this is a limitation of GRASS with
a pallette of 255 colours ??

If I was to select a smaller area, e.g. a single river catchment, how
could I change the colour range such that only the values in the smaller
area were used - thus increasing the spread of colours.

Can I copy a chunk of the large DTM to produce a small raster ??

Thanks for any help,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West
e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (use this for general usage)