Pizza Money for Grad Students

Greg Koerper greg at dubious.cor2.epa.gov
Fri Mar 4 16:17:14 EST 1994

Mark,

Can I kill 2 birds with one stone?  I've been contributing a column to
GRASSClippings now for about 3 issues, with an informal continuing commitment.
I may at times be able to address both summarization of a mail list topic and
delivery of an article to the magazine.  Any reason why this cannot essentially
be one and the same on some occasions?  I could also approached the Chirp!
material independent of the column, but I can foresee where some topics would
be pertinent to both readerships.

I work on research topics concerned with global change effects, and use
GRASS a great deal for modelling, simulations, etc.  I'm much more up to speed
on raster than vector, analysis than cartographic output.  We work almost
exclusively on Sun platforms, 4.1.3 (we'll move to Solaris if it ever
stabilizes).  I've rewritten GRASS code, integrated it with PV-WAVE,
manipulated command sequences with perl, and so forth.  The column in
publication addresses the use of USGS proj.  If you've got some
specific GRASS issues in mind, please let me know.

greg

Greg Koerper                            Internet: greg at heart.cor.epa.gov
ManTech Environmental Technology, Inc.
US EPA Environmental Research Lab	voice:	(503) 754-4490
200 SW 35th St., JSB                    fax:    (503) 754-4338
Corvallis, OR   97333

"Too much of our discussion here, I am afraid, has dealt with proposals for
man's exercising control over nature without reference to the kind of control
he must exercise over himself." -- L. Mumford