surface gerenation

M.R. Lassche lasm at geo.vu.nl
Mon Mar 7 03:12:14 EST 1994

----- Begin Included Message -----

Hello Grass users,

I have a file with precipitation values (a sites file) and I would like to
generate a surface map from these precipitation values, so that I can create
the precipitation isolines.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cristina Seabra

----- End Included Message -----

Cristina you can first use one of the programs like s.surf.tps or s.surf.idw to create a raster file of the area. If you use r.contour in addition of that you can create a vector file with the isolines

*             Ronnie Lassche                  *
*       Department of earth sciences          *
*              Free University                *
*                 Amsterdam                   *
*               lasm at geo.vu.nl                *