No subject

Marcus Tooze tooze at vinny.cecer.army.mil
Fri Mar 11 15:13:20 EST 1994

> Hi
>    we are new grass4.1 users at western michigan university
> for data we scanned aerial photographs and stored in tif format
> could you please help us in converting those tif format files as grass
> usable raster files.we request you to let us know how to convert them.
> we tried r.in.sunrast command ,but didn't succeed that may be because
> of improper usage of the command or something else .
> thanks

1) the data wouldn't import because like you said - they're tiff files....
2) Use 'XV' to import the tiff file, convert to 8bit, then save at full
size as a sunrast file.
3) Use v.in.sunrast
4) use i.group, then i.target, then i.points, then i.rectify2 and use a 3rd
order transform unless you know that the photos are UTM rectfied...then just
use i.rectify (there probably raw and include camera lense error so use i.rect
ify2)
Note: Take cars when using i.rectify2 and selecting the region resolution.
This will depend on the dpi selected when you first scanned the image.

Read the manual on the above commands then email me with further questions you
may have.

Marcus Tooze
USACERL-TAC

No guarantee implied, disclaimers etc....