Grass Tutorial

Shaun Poulton spoulton at ssp.nmfs.gov
Tue Mar 22 09:04:04 EST 1994

I'm new to GRASS and am in the process of familiarizing myself with GIS.
I have heard the rumor that there is a good GRASS tutorial out there
somewhere and I am wondering if anyone knows where it might be found.

I am familiar with the way GRASS operates but I am having trouble getting
my data to display in GRASS.  When I import my raster files into GRASS
and try to dislay them I get the error "color file not found".  Is this
because I need an entire database?  Any help that you can give me would
be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your help.

                              Shaun Poulton
                              National Marine Fisheries Service
                              spoulton at solidsparc.ssp.nmfs.gov
                              (301)713-2372