Area Edge vs. Line ?

Rick Thompson rick at cast.uark.edu
Tue Mar 22 22:11:20 EST 1994

Hello. A dig_att file for a vector file digitized in "line" type looks the
same as one digitized in "area" type. There appears no visible difference
here, but v.reclass will work on the former not the latter regarding
reclassing labelled lines. Does anyone know a shortcut for changing a vector
file from area edge to line type other than doing too many manually in v.digit.
I've inherited lots of lines in the area edge type. Am I missing something?
Rick Thompson-   Research Assistant           E-mail: rick at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-5736
Ozark Hall Rm. 12                             Fax: 575-3846
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701