v.in.tig.lndmk

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Mar 30 10:26:41 EST 1994

Jeffrey Copeland writes:

> When I use v.in.tig.lndmk
> I am having no luck in extracting vector files from the
> TIGER/Line files by specifying the CFCC Code.  Specifying
> strings to match landmark names works fine.  I'm using the
> Spring 93 release of 4.1 Update level 3.  Any clues?
>
> By the way I run v.in.tig.lndmk interactively.

I haven't really dinked with v.in.tig.lndmk, but for vectors you can effectively
use a combination of m.in.stf1.tape and v.in.tig.basic . Specify the CFCC like
so:
	m.in.stf1.tape 56=A1 < original_type1_file > new_type1_file

and then

	v.in.tig.basic t1=new_type1_file t2=orig_type2_file out=new_vectorfile

and you will have your desired vector layer.

Later today or tomorrow I will be releasing a set of three scripts for
extracting TIGER/Line data along with various attributes. Watch this list for
further info (I'm finishing the man pages).

Cheers,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159