HP RTL

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 10:38:00 EST 1994

Malcolm,

Yes, HP Raster Transfer Language is their raster format. I've found some
(limited) details on it in our Novajet manual, with a couple of C
programs for generating test grids. It seems to use ESC codes sequences,
has the ability to transfer in CMYK planes or by rows, in compressed,
TIFF or uncompressed.

There is apparently a 'HP Programmer Guide to RTL' - don't know it's
cost, etc.

I'd also be really interested in any programs that convert to RTL. I'm
still trying to get some way to plot from GRASS to our Novajet - can't
get / understand MAPGEN ??

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West
e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (use this for general usage)