Vigor of GRASS (was Re: Demise of GRASS)

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri May 6 11:48:49 EDT 1994

(lines deleted)
> My company is investing a lot of time, energy and money to improve GRASS.
> We are currently working on many enhancements including some GUI
> work and some Database work. Most of it will be contributed. If we can
> do it, many others can.
>
> We are also installing GRASS in a rapidly growing number of Fortune 500
> companies which are using it for real-life applications.
>
> GRASS is not dying, it is finally coming to life.
>
> I would really like to have comments from the Open GRASS Foundation on the
> subject. Anyone agrees with me ? Let me know.
>

> Amities sinceres a tous ceux qui
> travaillent a l'amelioration de GRASS !
>
> Gilles Clement
> President Directeur-General
> Logiciels et Applications Scientifiques (LAS) Inc.
> Montreal, Canada

Gilles,
I think that I can safely speak for many GRASS users out here (especially ones
who were at the '94 conference) in saying that we admire and appreciate your
company's and your contributions to GRASS. I believe that the work you are doing
will do much to help keep interest in GRASS, particulary from new users who
expect the latest and greatest GUIs. Please keep up the good work!

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159