s.surf.tps in lat/long coordinates

Irochka kosinov at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue May 10 11:05:13 EDT 1994

In info.grass.user you write:

>I have a file of concentrations of a substance and the
>distance (DMIN) .0032 degrees.  My file says the
>distance is too concentrated.

>Is this a general problem with lat/lon?
>My current solution was to multiply by 1000 and import it
>into a xy coordinate system.

>Has anyone seen this problem before?  Any other solutions
>then the one I have implemented would be appreciated

>Kym M. Lenkus
>Davidson Laboratory

s.surf.tps doesn't work with lat/lon yet, so your solution was
the right one.

In general s.surf.tps gives an error "Points are too concentrated"
when the smallest segment has only one row or column and cannot be divided
anymore while having more points that segmax. That is why
dmin=min(ns_res,ew_res) by default -- so that there are never more than
4 points per cell.

Irina Kosinovsky