Grass raster to ArcInfo grid?

W. Fredrick Limp fred at cast.uark.edu
Fri Oct 14 09:06:25 EDT 1994

The problem is in the colr tables. Arc only knows about
3.x color structures not 4.x. Two solutions:
There is an environment varible called something GRASS_COLORS..
or something. If that is set then when a map is created it is created with
a 3.x not a 4.x colr table and ARC is happy. The actual varible
name should be known to someone on the list or is in the GRASSu/p
archives somewhere.
OR
you can blow away the colr file (save it under another name)
and then run the ARC command. You will then have to create a color
table in ARC.

What I don't get is why ESRI didn't update the ARC code in
7.0 The GRASS colr specs have been published for a couple of years.
Oh well, I guess I *do* know.

--
W. Fredrick Limp,   Director and Professor       FAX: (501) 575-3846
CAST, Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies   TEL: (501) 575-6159
Fayetteville AR 72701                             fred at cast.uark.edu