Grass raster to ArcInfo grid?

Bruce Wylie wylie at dgd.cr.usgs.gov
Fri Oct 14 16:20:37 EDT 1994

I removed the colr file and all worked well! I guess then that Arc7.1 can
read Grass4.1 formats. I was unsuccessful with the the GRASS_COLORS
environment variable. I set it to 256. What should it be set too? Is it really
GRASS_COLORS or GRASS_COLOR?

The advantage of using this over the ASCII option is that all the category
information is lost (at least the way we did it) and the file size is large.

Note that negative values in Grass apparently are converted to zero in ArcGrid.

Thanks,

Bruce