Island software and GRASS

Dave Mandel dmandel at dragon.aseTT.com
Tue Oct 25 19:44:42 EDT 1994

  I have used Island Write, Draw, and Paint on an SCO-Open Desk workstation
for quite some time and have used it to incorporate graphics from many
packages into documents to be plotted or printed.  Most of  this
printing has been done on monochrome and color postscript printers.
Other printing has been done on Calcomp Electrostatic plotters, but this
requires some custom software.

  The graphics has come from MOSS, Arc Info, and GRASS, and else where.  I
don't remember the details on how I got GRASS things to Island, but it wasn't
hard.  Also, I probably sent the GRASS stuff thur a pbmplus filter before
taking it into Island.  Island Graphics works real well, but some times things
get tricky.  It isn't always obvious what import format will work best,
and often turns out that one wants to transform things a bit with pbmplus
or an equivalent package before using the Island Software.

                                                    David Mandel