Vista-eXceed X window manager

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 10:15:43 EDT 1994

>    We are trying to setup several PC's to display GRASS that is running on our
> Sun Server.  We are using Vista-eXceed for DOS version 3.3 on the PC and our
> Sun unit is running GRASS version 4.1 (Spring 1993) under SunOS Release 4.1.3.
> We get a window on the PC and start GRASS and open a seperate monitor window
> on the PC.  After setting the region we can have a vector plotted and GRASS
> claims it completes the plotting, however the plot is not displayed on the
> monitor window.  We can display the xclock graphic in an X window on the PC,
> so it looks like everything is set correctly, but maybe some configuration in
> GRASS is not set correctly.
>      Any help would be appreciated.

iWhenever this happens, one or both of two problems may be present:
1) The vector file does not contain any 'live' vectors or has not been
   v.supported yet;
2) The region has not been set (correctly).
Solutions:
1) Try running g.region vect=filename; d.erase, then redisplay the file
2) Try running v.support on the file, using suboption 1, then redisplay

Good Luck!

Martijn van Leusen