Polygons to raster map

Mixon, Marlin mcm1303 at hub.doh.wa.gov
Thu Apr 20 19:06:39 EDT 1995

> You can use r.mapcalc script

> To check if the cell has a value, if it does then do nothing. If it
does
> not have a value then assign it the neighboring value. You may run the

> mapcalc script as many times as you wish to filter out the holes.

Thanks, I received a message from Susan Huse.  She said that I can modify
my input vector file and turn off the labels on the lines.  In this way,
when I run the v.in.rast command, lines will be ignored.  I will like to
play with r.mapcalc.  It sounds very similar to ARC INFO grid algebra
that
I enjoyed working with.

Marlin Mixon