prefix.txt & ARC/INFO ??

Max Grad 100450.1143 at compuserve.com
Mon Dec 18 07:00:00 EST 1995

Hi,

I know this is like stirring up old soup, but: some time ago the
transfer of data from ARC/INFO to GRASS was handeled in this
group in great detail. I think this transfer direction is
clear. But how about the transfer from GRASS vector data to
ARC/INFO ? The manual (v.out.arc) describes the procedure in
great depth, also how to build geometry with the ARC/INFO generate
command, but is is rather vague about bringing the prefix.txt file
into the INFO database ("The INFO portion of ARC/INFO can be
used to associate these label-point ID numbers with descriptive
text from the prefix.txt file", end of quote).
Can sombody tell me, how to do this in ARC/INFO, step by step ?
As always, ANY thougts would be greatly appreciated .
Regards
Max Grad
100450.1143 at compuserve.com