Spatial Stats add-ons?

charnotw charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Thu Dec 7 07:00:00 EST 1995

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Thu Dec  7 18:51 GMT 1995
> Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 11:47:34 -0500
> From: nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nandish Mattikalli)
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Subject: Re: Spatial Stats add-ons?
>
> Hi,
>
> I looked at James McCauley's ftp site to obtain his programs to do
> semivariograms, but unable to identify the exact files to download.
> Could anyone who has used the rotuines guide me in this regard. Also,
> any info on how to untar the files and use them for data within GRASS
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Nandish Mattikalli
> E-mail: nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov

I think there are 5 things on Darrels site to do with geoestats

s.univar  which calculates univariate stats on a site list (mean stdev etc)
s.sv calculates and plots sample semi-variograms
m.svfit works with s.sv, calculates semi variogram parameters
s.surf.krig krigs a site list, requires parameters worked out by m.svfit
            or some other program  (I never got this to work properly)
w.geostat a tcl (ie graphical) front end to s.sv and m.svfit

get the tar file, uncompress it (eg uncompress or gunzip) and type

tar -xvf filename

then change to the newly created directory and type gmake4.1, and things should
work if paths etc are set up for you.

Also check out

ftp://math.arizona.edu/incoming/unix.geoeas/

for a unix port of epa's  geoeas geostats software by Andy Long, no link to gra
ss
yet as far as I know.

cheers  Tom
(deathly ill but still working)

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk