SWRRB Hydrolological Model & GRASS & ARC/INFO

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sat Feb 18 14:42:04 EST 1995

C.E.Stocks wrote:
>    Since I last wrote to this list I have programmed TOPMODEL and
> AGNPS into the cell based modelling language (map algebra) of
> ARC/INFO. I may do the same with GRASS using r.mapcalc and shell
> scripts in order to provide a basis for comparison. However, I think
> that ARC/INFO is easier to use.

this would be interesting. I might add that AGNPS has already
been integrated in its native (FORTRAN) form by Srinivasan and
Engel. See
  http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~aggrass/agnps/

>    I would like to have ago at implementing the SWRRB model next and
> also the ANSWERS model as well. If any body would like to  comment on

Sudhakar has already commented at SWRRB. I assume that you are familiar
with Chris Rewerts' ANSWERS integration in src.garden.

> p.s.  If you know anything about the SWRRB model please pass the
> information on, I also apologise to those GRASS users who don't like
> hydrological modelling / ARC/INFO messages cluttering up their e_mail
> list.

It should be of direct interest to quite a few. Others should be encouraged
simply because ("active model integration" == "viable GIS") is true.
However, I would be interested in putting together a WWW page summarizing
model integration into GRASS. Let's call it
  http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~aggrass/models/
It doesn't exist yet, but allow me a day or two and then give me your
feedback.
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD        http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Dept of Agricultural Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University                  tel: 317.494.9772 fax: 317.496.1115