g.gnuplot, gnuplot and grass scripts

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jan 23 16:40:33 EST 1995

Bart Cosyn (bcosyn at crs4.it) writes on 23 Jan 95:
>1) I tried to use g.gnuplot.3d but is asks for g.gnuplot! Where can I
>find it? I did not found it in incoming neither in the other sources. Any
>suggestions ?

I don't know anything about g.gnuplot.3d, but
g.gnuplot can be made from the regular gnuplot sources. see

ftp://ftp.dartmouth.edu/pub/gnuplot/gnuplot3.5.tar.Z

and look for makefile.g (which is a Gmakefile in disguise).

c.f. ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass/[rv].to.gnuplot.tar.gz

>2) I am trying to invoke gnuplot in my Grass scripts. I would like to see
>my Grass environment also used in gnuplot. Probably i have to add it in my
>.gnuplot. Any one experience with this?
>
>These questions are may be a bit unclear but maybe an example of a
>.gnuplot which interacts with grass would be welcome!

maybe an example would help here...

--Darrell
James Darrell McCauley, USDA National Needs Fellow
Agric Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1146, USA
mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu    +++   http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/