GEN:Subscribers in Turkey

Erol TUNALI tunali at rorqual.cc.metu.edu.tr
Thu Jul 27 08:00:00 EDT 1995

/1
approved: Usenet at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

Hi,

        As all we know, GIS is spreading at a very high rate in Turkey,
although it is relatively a new subject. Meanwhile, as the people working
on GIS in Turkey, we have very similar problems due to the special
conditions in our country (The biggest one is the lack of communication I
think). I believe that, the way to the solution is passing through having
close relationships with each other or at least being aware of existance
of each other.
        I want to setup a mailing list to enable a continuous relation
between the GIS users in Turkey (and not to overcrowd mailing traffic of
various mailing lists with region spesific mailings). I suppose to cover a
wide range of inerests in the list, not only very spesific subjects. But,
it's too early to say something on the coverage of the list, because it
must be determined by the subscribers of the list after discussions.
        As a result, please inform me on your existance to setup GIS
Turkey list.

        See you soon on Internet. Best regards.

Erol TUNALI

tunali at rorqual.cc.metu.edu.tr

Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey
Information Technologies and Electronics Research Inst.
GIS Dept.

Addr:

TUBITAK BILTEN
BILGI TEKNOLOJILERI VE ELEKTRONIK ARASTIRMA ENST.
COGRAFI BILGI SISTEMLERI GRUBU

ODTU-ANKARA

TURKEY

Tel:90-312-2101310/11/12