Image processing - magnetometry

Mr PM van Leusen vanleupm at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 4 08:00:00 EDT 1995

HI,

I have a file of magenetometer data taken at 1 m res (ew) and .25 m res (ns)
for a 14 ha area of the Roman town of Wroxeter (UK). It shows quite a lot
of detail but the image also contains a) spikes caused by metal objects in
the soil, b) some horizontal striping caused by the measurement technique,
and c) 'shading' effect caused by the angle of polar magnetics (about 53
degrees).
Has anyone ver dealt with such data in Grass before and would they be
willing to share their experience with me?

Martijn van Leusen

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT                                                |
Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk
URL http://www.bham.ac.uk/BUFAU/Staff/vanleupm.html                          |