problems with v.rast.to

Mr G Zacharioudakis ers4gxz2 at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 22 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi netters,
I am a new Grass user and I am using the code for my project.
I import .dxf files from a digitiser and convert them succesfully to
vector maps using
- v.in.dxf
-v.support
-v.digit
However, When after these commands I am trying v.to.rast to the already
created vector map, I get the message :"G_calloc out of memory"
What does that mean? May the data that I imprt with each .dxf file
 be too much for grass to process?
I am using a terminal and I am connecting with the main SUN1 workstation
at the Un. of Birmingham where I work with GRASS.
Thanks very much

Giorgos Zacharioudakis MSc in Hydrogeology, School of Earth Sciences
                        University of Birmingham
e-mail : ers4gxz2 at sun1.bham.ac.uk