database creation

Conrad C. Power ccpower at cs.mun.ca
Wed Jun 21 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hello,
   I'm having trouble importing a raster image that was exported
from IDRISI with the GRASSIDR module in GRASS4.1. The IDRISI exported
file is in ascii format, which should be able to be imported into GRASS
with the r.in.ascii command. The problem could be that the MAPSET doesn't
have a determined coordinate region. Is this a possibility or could the
problem be that the location and mapset settings are wrong.
   I've tried the r.in.ascii command and the system appears to perform
the operation, but the resultant output file is never created. The
syntax of the line that I entered is:
 r.in.ascii input=file output=file1 [title="file1"] [mult=1.0].
   Has anyone experienced a similar problem ? I would appreciate any
suggessions that may help solve my problem.
Thanks in advance.

                                                     CONRAD POWER

                                  E-mail:     ccpower at ganymede.cs.mun.ca