s.sample: version 0.8B

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Jun 16 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Alejandro Hinojosa Corona (alhinc at cicese.mx) writes on 15 June 1995:
>Darrell writes:
>> s.sample version 0.8B is available at
>> ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass/s.sample.tar.gz
>> (for the uninitiated, this is a program to sample raster files
>
>What would be the difference or advantage of using s.sample
>instead of r.what with the site coordinates?

To my knowledge, r.what only does nearest neighbor sampling.
s.sample does bilinear interpolation and cubic convolution.
s.sample also computes differences between raster and site values,
which makes it a nice tool for cross-validation of interpolation
algorithms.

--Darrell
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD             http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Agricultural & Biological Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University                       tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115