USGS DEM DLG and GRASS

John Sigerson sigerson_j at server.mediasoft.net
Sun Jun 11 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Much thanks for making these available. But there seems to be a hitch:
Although I was able to FTP into the directory you specify, I could
not get a listing for dlg.develop.rick or anything else. I think
you'll have to change the attrbutes of your directory and/or files
to make them accessible to everyone.

>Hi Steve,
>  I have a series of scripts/ancillary files to download fully attributed
>DLG-3 optional files like you've found on the ftp site. You may obtain these
>from cast.uark.edu by anonymous ftp from the directory
>/private/outgoing/dlg.develop.rick   . Untar the file and place all files in
>the $LOCATION where you want to download the dlgs. The process is not
>riproaring fast, but if you'll leave the process running after hours, you'll
>have not only the linework, but also attributes for each line/area.
>
>After untarring the file, you'll find:
>a alpha.route 1K
>a dlg.README 2K
>a dlg.auto.make 11K
>a dlg.merge.mult 4K
>a dlg.reclass.grep 6K
>a feature.masters/ 0K
>a feature.masters/hydro.master 3K
>a feature.masters/mtr.master 2K
>a feature.masters/rail.master 1K
>a feature.masters/roads.master 3K
>
>On Sat, 10 Jun 1995, Steve Dzurenko wrote:
>

>> Any USGS GRASS users out there?  I have ftped some DLG files from
>> edcftp.cr.usgs.gov.  Are those files the DLG-3 format that v.in.dlg
>> will import?  Also, I retrieved some DEM files from the same location.
>> Is there a straightforward method of importing DEMs as rasters?  I
>> didn't see an r.in.DEM.  Thanks.

| John Sigerson                                                              |
| EIR News Service, Inc.             E-mail: sigerson_j at mediasoft.net        |
| 60 Sycolin Road                    Voice:  703-777-9451 x543               |
| Leesburg, VA 22075                 Fax:    703-771-3099 or 771-9492        |
| USA                                                                        |