USGS DEM DLG and GRASS

Rick Thompson rick at cast.uark.edu
Sun Jun 11 08:00:00 EDT 1995

On Sat, 10 Jun 1995, John Sigerson wrote:

> Much thanks for making these available. But there seems to be a hitch:
> Although I was able to FTP into the directory you specify, I could
> not get a listing for dlg.develop.rick or anything else. I think
> you'll have to change the attrbutes of your directory and/or files
> to make them accessible to everyone.

Hi John,
  I double-checked the Sys. Admin. notes at CAST and see that I have to have
you ftp as "ftp" (Step 2). You won't see the listing (Step 3). Thanks for
pointing this out. Rick

 1) ftp cast.uark.edu (or ftp 130.184.75.44 IFF cast.uark.edu unknown)

     2) login as user "ftp" and use your email address as the password -
        if they do not have an email address have them use their name
        followed by an at-sign (i.e. james@)

     3) cd /private/outgoing (Note that while in this directory, they
        will not be able to get a directory listing -- this is normal
        security procedures)

     4) cd DIRNAME (the directory you created above)

     5) if downloading binary files, issue the "binary" command to ftp

     6) download the files....