Calcomp 1043 Plotter Hookup ?

Tom Orth orth at skyler.arc.ab.ca
Wed Jun 7 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hello there... Does anyone have experience hooking up a Calcomp 1043 plotter to

GRASS ?

We're running GRASS 4.1 (patch 5) and need to work under IRIX, SunOS, and Solar
is.

I've noticed that src.related has a mapgen package, with plotter device drivers
, but
there is no drive for the 1043.  Additionally, when I attempt to compile some o
f the
other Calcomp drivers, I get linking errors as several libraries appear to be m
issing
(the Make_Cal script lists -lccal -lcal -lF77 -lU77 -lI77; none of which we hav
e)

Do I require any additional source to get these to compile and work properly ?

One last question 8-)  I'm fairly new to working with GRASS; assuming I get map
gen
and the plotter drivers (and the Calcomp 1043 8-) working, how do I send raster
/vector
maps to the plotter via GRASS ?

Thanks 8-)

        T.

Thomas Orth                              Alberta Research Council
Research Officer                         3rd Floor, 6815 8th Street N.E.
Advanced Computing & Engineering         Calgary, Alberta T2E 7H7
http://www.arc.ab.ca/                    Canada

email: orth at skyler.arc.ab.ca  Phone: (403) 297-7571  Fax: (403) 297-2339
I'd be really surprised if my opinions reflected those of my employers.