d.mon and mouse problems

Steven Rose SROSE at flemingc.on.ca
Thu Jun 15 16:36:55 EDT 1995

Hi!  I'm a new GRASS user and, with the kind help of the folks at
L.A.S Inc in Montreal, I have GRASS and TK-GRASS running on a
DECStation 5000 with ULTRIX 4.2 and Motif.

TK-GRASS works fine, and I can use d.mon to start an Xwindows
graphics screen and have used d.display and d.rast to display some
stuff in this window.  My problem is that as soon as I bring the
mouse over the window, or the border of the window -- poof, the
graphics windows disappears.  If I run d.mon option 3 shows that x0
is in use, but an option 1 with list -f shows the monitor as not
running.

Any ideas for solutions, or other things to check out?
Professor Steven Rose, R.P.F.       Phone: (705) 324-9144
Sir Sandford Fleming College        FAX:   (705) 878-9312
PO Box 8000, Lindsay,               Internet: srose at flemingc.on.ca
Ontario, CANADA K9V 5E6