d.3d in lat/lon mapset

Leonard Coop coopl at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Tue Jun 27 16:46:21 EDT 1995

On Tue, 27 Jun 1995, Rusty Dodson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 11:48:20 PDT
> From: Rusty Dodson <dodson at heart.cor.epa.gov>
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Subject: d.3d in lat/lon mapset
>

> Hi, I'm having trouble using d.3d in a lat/lon mapset:
> If I run d.3d interactively, I can get a plot.  If I then use
> the viewing coordinates as displayed by interactive d.3d as
> inputs to non-interactive d.3d, I get nothing displayed.
> Actually, it looks like a small point is displayed at the center
> of the screen, as if the observer was _very_ far from the map.

And I have had a similar problem with both 4.0 and 4.1 (hoped it
had been fixed by now).  For small areas in lat long, the data
entry page does not seem to accept the very small values needed
for resolution - so it cant display.  In 4.0 we kluged the
program to divide the value input by 100 before plotting - this
worked but was a pain.  Is there another solution?

Len Coop       coopl at bcc.orst.edu