r.profile

KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU
Thu Mar 16 09:59:04 EST 1995

Jane,

Im just catching up on my mail, and I have run across
the same problems as you with r.profile.  I had to
abandon that program because of its unproditablility
to produce a line in a continuous format.

My solution was to use write the ascii vector
format for a line (so I got the precise points) and
then used v.in.ascii.  From that point I converted it
to a raster and zoomed in on the line.  Apply the
new raster as a mask, and use r.stats to get the
points in a x, y, z format.

I found this to be more reliable, since r.profile only
gives out the z.  Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Kym M. Lenkus
GIS Manger