Problems with r.in.ll

Thomas Vogele thomas at sherman.llnl.gov
Mon Mar 13 14:34:29 EST 1995

Hello GRASS users:
To convert USGS 1:250,000 DEM's from lat/long to UTM coordinates, I run a
suite of m.dmaUSGSread , m.rot90, and r.in.ll.
I run this on a SUN2 workstation, and the file conversion in r.in.ll takes
very, very long (about a full day).  Is this normal or could it be due to
a bad configuration of my system ?

Also, after the GRASS raster file is finally created, it shows some nasty
vertical lines that shouldn't be there and that are in fact not there when I
process the original DEM
with  m.dem.extract.  Has anybody had a similar problem with m.dmaUSGSread ?

I'd really appreciate your help !!

=  Thomas Vogele ----------------- e-mail: vogele1 at llnl.gov  =
=  Hydrogeologist ---------------- phone : (510) 450 6156    =
=  Weiss Associates -------------- fax   : (510) 547 5043    =