transition maps

Baxter E. Vieux vieux at chief.ecn.uoknor.edu
Mon Mar 13 02:27:37 EST 1995

Nalneesh--
If I have a bag of coins and I write down the number of pennies, nickels,
quarters, and fifty-cent pieces, I can calculate the total amount in the
bag. Suppose that the amount is $1000 but I lose the note and cannot remember
the exact number of denomiations. Can you tell me how many pennies, nickels,
quarters, and fifty-cent pieces were in the bag if all that you know
is that I have $1000?

The only suitable technique I know of is a model that I have just
written called r.guess. It always gives you the right answere ...and
guess what.. it is available for only $1000!

Sincerely,
Dr. Guess!