Acquiring GRASS

Gigi Horsefield gigi.horsfield at geography.oxford.ac.uk
Thu May 18 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hello,
     We have a Sun station which is running on Solaris. From past
e-mailations there seems to be some difficulty in downloading GRASS
on such a set-up. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to
help us get started? Also, is there a PC GRASS available? and can
one find LTPlus on the moon? At present we have a digitizer which is
hooked-up to a PC and digitization is done with PC ARC/INFO. The
trouble is that we may be quitting our ARC/INFO license due to a
mighty rise in fees. Can LTPlus be loaded onto a PC and then have
the digitized filed ftped to the SUN workstation to be massaged by a
UNIX GRASS?

                                                   Gigi Horsfield
                                                   gigi.geography at geography.ox.
ac.uk

ps: I have turned off the Confirm delivery and Confirm reading, I think.
I find that I frequently get duplicates or triplicates of messages and
confirmation of delivery of messages which I did not send but
somehow my name is listed as the sender! 'Very Strange' as the
Beatles sing in Penny Lane.