Acquiring GRASS

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu May 18 08:00:00 EDT 1995

On Thu, 18 May 1995, Gigi Horsefield wrote:

> Hello,
>      We have a Sun station which is running on Solaris. From past
> e-mailations there seems to be some difficulty in downloading GRASS
> on such a set-up. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to
This is not really a problem; plenty of people of running GRASS under
Solaris 2.3 (I can't speak for 2.4), and compiled executables are
available if you do not care to compile yourself (of course, missing out
on all of the good contributed code :-) ).

> help us get started? Also, is there a PC GRASS available? and can
Currently, the only way to run GRASS on a PC is to install some version
of UNIX (or a clone). Many people seem to be using Linux, a public domain
UNIX clone, with GRASS on PCs. See this list for other references to
this. In September, LAS Inc. of Quebec is supposed to be releasing a
commercial version of their tcl/tkgrass product, which includes a very
nice GUI with GRASS, for MicroSoft Windows. This will _not_ be free.

> one find LTPlus on the moon? At present we have a digitizer which is
LTPlus is included with the full GRASS source code.