XGRASS

yannis kanellopoulos ioannis.kanellopoulos at jrc.it
Thu May 11 08:00:00 EDT 1995

I send again the following message since I am not sure whether
it was received the first time:

Hello,

I have compiled successfully GRASS 4.1.5 on a SUN SparC10 running
Solaris 2.3. XGRASS I cannot compile since I do not have MOTIF.

Therefore I downloaded (unfortunately everything) the 4.1.4 binary
files for Solaris, from moon.cecer.army.mil. From there I extarcted
the XGRASS executables I placed them in the correct places(I think I did,
also I had help from Paul Loechl at CERL).

when I run xgrass4.1 and I select databases etc. I get segmentation fault
when I press <Accept>.!

Anyone having the same problem? Any help is welcomed!

I have the following structure:

in $GISBASE/etc :
xclip/
xclip4.1.exe*
xgexec.exe*
xgglossary.exe*
xgrass-menu*
xgrass4.1.exe*
xhelp/

in $GISBASE/bin

xclip4.1*
xdigit*
xgaccess*
xgbrowser*
xgbuffer*
xgcats*
xgdisplay*
xgeditor*
xgexec*
xgglossary*
xghelp*
xghistory*
xgmapcalc*
xgmapsets*
xgreclass*
xgregion*
xgshow*
xgsupport*

in /usr/local/bin:  xgrass4.1

Iam not quite sure where the xgdatabases and xgrass-menu files should live
so I have copies in various places so that xgrass can see them (hopefully)

Also anyone has binaries for XGRASS4.1.5 for Solaris 2.3? If yes is it possible
 to get them via ftp?

Another problem I have with the XgrassUserguide.ps. I cannot print it since
it is in letter format. When I try to view it with ghostview, I get the
pages reversed i.e last page first and so on, but I can only go forwards
and I cannot view  previous pages. Anyone has an A4 version of the manual?

Thanks for the help

Ioannis Kanellopoulos
J.R.C. Ispra,
T.P. 442,