XGrass on Irix 5.2 (fwd)

Cosyn Bart Bart.Cosyn at rug.ac.be
Thu May 4 08:00:00 EDT 1995

On Wed, 3 May 1995, Steve Dzurenko wrote:

> Hi Bart,
>
> I just installed xgrass on my Indigo2, IRIX5.2, a couple of weeks
> ago.  I too was confused when I could not type in the Location and
> Mapset fields in the start up window.  What I discovered is that I
> have to click on the desired database in the Database field.  That
> will bring up a list of available locations, assuming you have
> locations created in that database.  Chose the location you want by
> clicking on it with the mouse.  This will bring up the list of
> available mapsets.  Then choose the mapset you want with the mouse.
> Then click on Accept and you should be ready to go.
Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying.
I know it works like this but the add function does not work as you said!
Problem is that I do not get even the mapsets and locations eventhough I
have one. I checked my directory .xgrass/session and there is a good
session file like it should be (I made it by vi). But I have something
else which is very strange! If I do a substitute to myself su - .....
I got indeed the good locations and I can indeed select these mapsets. It
is very confusing and I got no idea how this is possible. I rather think
it is a problem of my keymap and settings for X libraries. As you maybe
remember also from your install there is a problem to allocate the
X-libraries. Sometimes he tells he could not find it while they are
really there. Maybe it has something to do with that! I also checked the
archive and I found some questions about it but never any answer! I think
there is only one hope! Bill Brown seems to be the one who could
eventually help us but it is quite some time eversince I saw mails from
him on the list! Any case I see and let you know more if I make progress
in it!

                        Bart
        | ir. Bart Cosyn                                  |
        | ERS1/2 project                                  |
        | Laboratory for Hydrology and Water Management   |
        | University of Gent                              |
        | Coupure 653, B-9000 Gent                        |
     | Belgium                                    |
        | Tel: +/32/9/2646137                             |
        | Fax: +/32/9/2646236                             |
        | E-mail: bcosyn at allserv.rug.ac.be                |
        | Http: http://sung.rug.ac.be/                    |