v.out.sdts via WWW

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed May 3 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Q: Should there be a problem in using v.out.sdts with vector maps that
   are not in your current mapset?

BTW, I have software that serves up all of our GRASS vector data in
SDTS format via WWW. If you'd like to check it out (and provide
feedback :) it can be found at:

     http://ingis.acn.purdue.edu/

(I still have to deal with metadata, so it's not a finished product.)

Q: Would something like this be useful to others if packaged up
   nicely?

Also at that URL are:
 1. programs to selectively download any GRASS data (raster, vector,
    sites) from any PERMANENT location in our GISDBASE;
 2. access to GRASS Lite (GUI for GRASS); and
 3. a simple imagemap to download TIGER data for Indiana.
Comments welcome.

Regards,
Darrell

--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD        http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Dept of Agricultural Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University                  tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115