hint from SUN users

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Tue May 2 08:00:00 EDT 1995

??at?Apr?28??95?01?08?36?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Does anybody know of other distributions of GRASS, say on CD-ROM, which
> are tailored for SUN ?
>                                       ===================================
>                                       Andrea Giacomelli
>                                       DIIAR Politecnico di Milano, Italia
>                                       ===================================

Depending on your platform, you may find that compiling GRASS from
source is a good way of getting it running without X11. If it's any use
to you, I can send you my compile.header file for SUN/Solaris2.3...
:
        Martijn

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT                                                |
Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk