Correct Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area PROJ file.

dunnj at boulder.Colorado.EDU dunnj at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Tue May 2 11:47:22 EDT 1995

Good Morning,

I'm interested in creating a correct projection file for the LAEA projection
used by the USGS.

I played around with the /g.setproj/table.c and table.h files in Grass4.1
allowing me to at least view the image I was interested in. But I have
found from further discussion with users on the list that this doesn't give
me a true LAEA displayed image.

My version of Grass4.1 (running on an ALPHA) doesn't support LAEA projection.
So if there is anyone who can direct me as to what I need to do to view
LAEA images correctly I would be most appreciative.

There has been some discussion of this already so the list mail archives is
a place where I'll look first for information.

Thank you in advance.

Jeremy Dunn