Utility to remove DEM Depressions?

John Talcott talcott at trg.saic.com
Fri May 12 14:13:15 EDT 1995

In article <talcott-0905951537090001 at jct.trg.saic.com>,
talcott at trg.saic.com (John Talcott) wrote:

> I checked the GRASS archives and could not find a utility to remove
> depressions from digital elevation model data. Does anyone know
> where I can get one? This tool is especially useful for those of
> us running hydrology applications in conjuction with GRASS. You can

Thanks for the e-mail help.
Here are two of the e-mail responses I received:

Date: Wed, 10 May 95 09:17:13 +0200
From: tr at grana.ivb.unit.no (Trond Rinde)
Sender: grass-lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To: talcott at marge.trg.saic.com (John Talcott)
Subject: Re: Utility to remove DEM Depressions?

About removal of depressions in DEM's:

In the "Related" part of GRASS is a collectione of programs for distributed
hydrological modeling (its called "ANSWERS"). One of these programs is called
"r.fill.dir" and should create depressionless DEM's.

I have not tested it but it might be what you are looking for. The source is
located under /grass/grass4.1/release/related on the moon.

Trond Rinde