ps.map 24 bits

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed May 17 11:24:31 EDT 1995

Hi Agus,
I guess my response is, no, I'm not positive. Images created using ps.map
and printed on a 24-bit dye-sublimation printer are _definitedly_ more
than 8-bit, but they could be something less than 24-bit. They _look_
like "true-color" to me, though. Are you sure that ghostscript is capable
of displaying 24-bit, regardless of whether the PostScript image is?

I suppose I could look in the trusty PostScript reference manual to
finish this debate... :-)

Regards,
	-Malcolm