Versatec and sprint

Stuart Bradshaw stuart.bradshaw at
Thu Nov 30 07:00:00 EST 1995

Sorry if you all got this twice. The return address of

bonifaz at would not deliver.

Plotting to the versatec from GRASS requires the use of sprint utility.
sprint converts sun raster files (the output from grass) to vcgl
format for the plotter. sprint utility can be purchased from Xerox.

If you get sprint, i have written a plot script which assists in the plotting
from GRASS to the versatec via sprint. Basically it allows you to actually
plot at a chosen RF or plot width, center, choose # of copies, and will determi
if the plot will fit within the allowed 42".  Something the versatec driver its
doesn't accomodate. Really. can only be used if you have some type of rasterizer software to
convert the postscript to a format ready for the versatec. We use Newsprint.

To use for large format devices you need to create a ps.devices file
for that. $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices.  I use the following data for E size p

level: 2
page width: 34.0
page height: 44.0
top margin: 0.5