Sending PS.MAP Output DIRECTLY to a Print Queue???

Harm Olthof harm at noord.bart.nl
Mon Nov 27 07:00:00 EST 1995

On Mon, 27 Nov 1995 09:20:58 +0100 you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>It is not possible to send ps.map output directly to a printer.
>The reason for this is that the ps.map program first makes up the
>image and in the meanwhile calculates the drawing bounding box, which
>afterwards is inserted into the postscipt header. This requires random
>access to the postscript file.
>
>Ronald Wiemer
>R.O.B. / Archis

You can always make your own script. Something like this.
give the usual ps.map parameters **without** an output filename.

my.ps.map
=============
#! /bin/csh -f

<usual code to check if grass is running>

onintr einde
ps.map $0 output=psfile.$$
lpr -P<name of postscriptprinter> psfile.$$
  **or**
gs -sDEVICE=<someprinterformat> -sOutputFile=|lpr  psfile.$$
: einde
rm -f psfile.$$

It's been a while since I used cshell scripts and gs, so this probably doesn't
work, but you'll get the idea. (Sorry no, unix machine at hand right now)

Harm

Harm Olthof (harm at noord.bart.nl)
GRONINGEN - Nederland (The Netherlands)
phone: (+31) (0)50 5 735 811